Do you want to work for an innovative and international expanding company that contributes to the global energy transition? Because we want to enhance our business we are looking for a Sourcing Manager.
Esdec is a global leading supplier of solar mounting systems. Driven by our purpose of enabling the transition to sustainable solar energy for future generations, we offer our customers the most innovative and comprehensive products and services. Since 2004, we provide solar mounting systems for all types of roofs, both residential and commercial, to installers, distributors and EPC companies. In addition, we also deliver engineering support and expert advisory services. Operating in more than 20 countries, our experts are dedicated to help customers transition to sustainable solar energy.
About the position
Esdec is seeking for a highly motivated, multifaceted, and organized Sourcing Manager with the right knowledge and experience in identifying, evaluating, qualifying, developing and monitoring of new sources for our products. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in manufacturing and/or sourcing of steel & aluminium fabricated components, extrusions, tooling development and qualification. In addition, applying their technical knowledge to production capability, capacity and quality assurance. All resulting in a continuous cost-down program of our products. This role will be empowered to serve as a key liaison between the Esdec’ s Strategic Sourcing & NPDL function and existing and new sources in Europe and other potential global regions.
About the job
- Analysing & interpreting new product drawings/specifications. Identifying & evaluating new sources for new products and services.
- Creating & submitting RFQ/RFP; following up and obtaining on-time and accurate quotes & proposals from assigned sources.
- Completing & presenting ROI, cost & benefit, risk and other data analytics essential for sourcing decisions.
- Coordination of all tooling/prototypes/first articles and subsequent evaluation through manufacturing and testing.
- Coordinating & performing on-site quality inspections prior to loading and shipping of goods.
- Project and schedule management from prototype through production ramp. First line technical contact for contract manufacturing methods and product assembly processes.
- Development of manufacturing instructions using quality engineering best practices. Transfer engineering drawings and procedures to outside suppliers and necessary internal customers.
- Responsible for manufacturing execution to ensure product performance, conformance, durability, quality, and cost efficiency.
- Implementing a continuous cost-down program per product family at key manufacturers.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including: Quality, Design and Development, Marketing, Sourcing, and Supply Operations teams.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must have hands on experience working with aluminium Extruding, Casting, Forging, Forming, Machining, Stamping, and Injection Moulding.
- Must have experience with tooling development, testing and qualification.
- Must be able to interpret and analyse engineering drawings.
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing failures using sound problem solving approaches as well as working knowledge of manufacturing tooling and fixture design/inspection.
- Needs solid working knowledge of 3D Modelling and drawing development and interpretation.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing manufacturing methods with new innovations.
- Must be able to travel 25%-40% of the time domestically or internationally.
- Must be fluent in Dutch, English and German. Ability to read, write and translate between the languages and communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials Engineering.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, MS-Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and varying personalities.
- Good written/verbal communication skills; ability to take data sets and present to target audiences.
- Experience working on individual and team projects with successful results
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing/engineering environment with working knowledge of metal manufacturing, process optimization, and supplier relations.
Deventer, but you are required to travel frequently
Did you become interested to learn more about our company? Please apply via the form below. For more information please contact Wouter de Roos on 0031 6 29 60 89 21