Would you also like to enable transition to sustainable solar energy for future generations? Do you want to work in an innovative and internationally growing company? Are you a team player with purchasing experience and do you live in the Netherlands? Then we are looking for you!
As a Sourcing Manager you are responsible for one of our categories (which is discussible) in Europe. Our categories are aluminium, plastics, sheet metal (roll forming & punching) and our fasteners. You drive the strategy development(s) together with your business colleagues and ensure alignment within all European business units.
Besides driving the strategy development, the Sourcing Manager is responsible for the execution of the strategy and managing the supply risks. Together with your buying team you ensure the performance of your suppliers on quality, delivery, service and cost competitiveness. You negotiate best contract conditions and ensure healthy relationships with your suppliers.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysing and interpreting new product drawings/specifications;
- Identifying and evaluating new sources for new products and services;
- Creating and submitting RFQ’s/ RFP’s;
- Completing and presenting data analytics essential for sourcing decisions;
- Coordinating and performing on-site quality inspections prior to loading and shipping of goods;
- Project and schedule management from prototype through production. First line technical contact for contract manufacturing methods and product assembly processes;
- Transfer engineering drawings and procedures to external suppliers;
- Implementing a continuous cost-down program per product family at key manufacturers;
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including: Quality, Design and Development, Marketing, Sourcing, and Supply Operations teams;
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
It is a challenging position for 40 hours a week (fulltime) and you will be working from our head office in Deventer and/or your home office. For this position you will travel approximately 75% of your time of which you will spend approximately half of the time abroad.
We are looking for a person with a strategic mindset and willing to challenge the status quo to build better efficiency for the organization as a whole. You are part of the ESDEC Sourcing Team Europe, which is mainly based in Deventer. You report to the Operations Director Europe.
- Master Degree in Engineering (technical studies), Business Administration or Supply Chain Management;
- Preferably a successfully completed Purchasing Academy such as NEVI 2;
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with working knowledge of metal, plastics or aluminium manufacturing, process optimization and supplier relations;
- Experience in strategical and tactical purchasing / category management in an international production environment;
- Good contract management & negotiation skills;
- Excellent communication (Dutch & English) and stakeholder management skills;
- Structured and result driven;
- Proven track record of successful influencing at all levels in the organization;
- Flexible and proactive team player;
- You live in the Netherlands and are willing to travel, up to 75%.
This is who you are
- Relationship management skills;
- Category Management and Sourcing experience, including deep understanding of Strategic Sourcing best practices, creation and execution of category sourcing strategies and plans;
- Detail oriented without losing sight of the big picture;
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced continually evolving environment;
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations;
- Ability to work under limited supervision, exercise independent judgment and consistently meet deadlines;
- Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change;
- Strong negotiation and influencing abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and thinking outside the box.
We offer you
A challenging position for 40 hours a week (fulltime) at ESDEC Support EU. You will be working from our head office in Deventer and your home office. You will work in an enthusiastic and involved environment where cooperation and results are central. As a colleague at ESDEC you get:
- Nice colleagues who would like to welcome you to our ESDEC family;
- A good salary, appropriate to your education and experience;
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis;
- Non-contributory pension with an option to save;
- Bonus payment;
- Plenty of development opportunities, we like to invest in the future;
- Daily free healthy lunch;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- Company car;
- Flexibility in working from home;
- Work from home allowance;
- A job in a healthy and successful company operating in a dynamically growing market.
ESDEC Support EU is part of the Esdec Solar Group and supports the European business units ESDEC Distribution, ESDEC Solar Projects and Blubase. These business units are global and leading suppliers of solar panel mounting systems on pitched and flat roofs with all types of roof coverings in the world. They supply to installers, distributors and EPC companies.
The ESDEC Support EU organization is located in Deventer and consists of the Operations, R&D, Product Management, Finance, HR and IT departments. These departments with approximately 55 employees support the business units in every phase from product design, product launch to the delivery of its products within Europe. ESDEC Support EU is a modern organization with an informal culture and enthusiastic colleagues. We pay a lot of attention to personal development and offer many opportunities for training.
Other facts & figures:
- Esdec Solar Group (ESG) is the parent organization of ESDEC Support EU and is active in mounting systems for solar panels in more than 20 countries;
- The growth strategy through both acquisitions and organic expansion has made ESG one of the most important players in different countries and continents such as Europe, America and Asia;
- In Europe, ESG has the companies ESDEC Distribution (Deventer), ESDEC Solar Projects (Deventer) and Blubase (Zwolle) with ESDEC Support EU (Deventer) as support organization;
- In America, ESG has the companies IronRidge (Hayward), PanelClaw (Osgood) and EcoFasten (Phoenix) with ESDEC Support US (Walnut Creek) as support organization;
- ESG continues to develop and responds quickly, reliably and innovatively to the changes in the solar industry;
- ESG is originally a Dutch organization and partly in the portfolio of Blackstone and Rivean Capital;
- Today, more than 400 passionate employees worldwide work at ESG, collaborating on the vision to enable the transition to sustainable solar energy for future generations.
Have you become enthusiastic about this position within our wonderful company? Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Do you have any questions first? Then you can contact Suzanne Meerman (Talent Acquisition Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate the offer of assistance, unfortunately Esdec does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Esdec by email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Esdec, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Esdec.