Esdec calculator API newsletter February 2023
Dear Esdec Partner,
Here is the very first newsletter for all our Esdec calculator-API partners. Four times a year we will inform you about the most recent updates regarding our calculator, about new components of our mounting systems or about new application possibilities. But also, about upcoming product releases. And what are its unique properties and for which markets have they been developed? We will also inform you about products that we are going to phase out and will therefore no longer be available. And not to forget: we also include the price lists that will apply for the coming quarters.
With these periodic updates we try to make it as easy as possible for you to set up your link with the Esdec calculator effectively and efficiently. And of course we are also curious about your ongoing feedback or suggestions for improving our API connection, communication and/or cooperation in general. You can do so by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +31 (0)85 070 2000.
Are you curious about the possibilities of working together in the field of marketing? Esdec content for your newsletters? Or organizing and hosting joint webinars? Please contact email@example.com. Then we will contact you to discuss the possibilities. Or drop by our stand during one of the many European solar fairs we visit.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONS 2022
In this first newsletter an update of everything that has been changed, added and adjusted in the API in 2022. (More explanation on how to implement the changes below can be found in the Swagger documentation)
- September 2021: In 2021 we introduced an upgrade to FlatFix Fusion. The following features/options have become available via the API:
- Grounding and equalizing.
- Cable guides through the cable exits in the wind deflectors.
- January 2022: FlatFix Fusion suitable for wider (up to 1150mm) and longer (up to 2190mm). Read more.
- April 2022: Esdec introduces ClickFit EVO for Standing seam roofs. Read more
- July 2022: Launch of the unique hanger bolt, for installation with ClickFit EVO on EPDM, bitumen, steel, corrugated iron and Mediterranean tiled roofs. Read more.
To make the functionalities below possible for your software users, it is necessary that the API receives certain information from your software. For more utilities, check out the Swagger documentation.
- It has recently become possible to calculate ClickFit EVO on roofs with an angle of inclination from 5 degrees (previously from 7 degrees). The range of application has thus been increased. For this it is necessary to send “Roof type”: Sloped via the API. Instructions can be found in the API.
- Project details can now be sent along so that they appear nicely in the reports
- Project name
- Contact person at Esdec
- Expected installation date
- Version number
- The number of degrees of rotation of the roof relative to the north that can be entered is now between -90 and 90 degrees. That was between -45 – +45 degrees, but that still caused confusion among users here and there. The orientation of the roof in relation to the north allows the calculator to further optimize the calculation (and ballasting) (taking into account common wind directions).
- The following roof details can now also be entered:
- Roof name (for a project with multiple roofs, it is useful to give each roof its own name. Very handy for the installation manual, for example)
- Shortcuts – all rules for correctly drawing fields can be retrieved via the API
- Dilation rules can be retrieved
- Rail placement can be retrieved (Wave)
- Side plate positions can be retrieved
- FlatFix Wave Plus:
- Not only in the downloads, but now also in the design software itself: a detailed representation of ballast distribution for FlatFix Wave Plus. Where, under which panel, how many kilos must be placed per ballasting option.
- FlatFix Wave Plus in single configuration (South) has already been added in the API. This configuration of FlatFix Wave Plus (currently only available in East-West) will be released later this year but you can already prepare.
- The no-go area has been introduced: this means that you can no longer install in the edge zone (30 cm). Annoying perhaps, but extensive wind tunnel tests we performed on different systems and with many scenarios show that it is unsafe for the PV system to install there (due to peak winds that could occur in the reference period).
- The name of the solar panel can now be entered via the API. This ensures that the panel name entered by the customer is now always visible everywhere (instead of ‘provided panel’).
- ClickFit EVO hanger bolt: the API returns the screws that are currently actively used in the Esdec range.
- The sharelink functionality has been added this year. This makes it easy to share the url of the project so it can be shared with the experts at Esdec. This way they can watch the project and assist.
- The Swedish Annex has been added. This means that Swedish national laws and regulations regarding wind and snow loads are taken into account. The German snow loads are also included in the calculator.
- The language of the reports can now be determined by the user (NL, EN, DE, PL, FR, ES, PT, SV).
We have expanded Swagger, with which our API can easily be used by your organization, with an example JSON per product. This ensures that the changes in the API can be integrated into your software faster and more easily.
SCHEDULED ADDITIONS Q1 & Q2 2023
Below is an overview of additions and changes, expected for the first and second quarter of this year.
- ClickFit Basic for Seam roofs and the Basic hanger bolt will be phased out. These have now been replaced by the newer EVO variants for Seam roof and hanger bolt. The phase-out date is not yet known.
- For the following countries, the calculator will also calculate with country-specific snow values. Just as it has already been implemented for Sweden and Germany. Date of implementation is not yet known.
- The snow loads for the following countries are included in the calculations. After the release, we allow a period in which you only send the wind variables. We do this until July 1, before that date the requested snow variables for the country in question must also be sent. If that does not happen, it will no longer be possible to calculate for these countries:
Disclaimer: All above dates are subject to change.
Here the link to the price list of this quarter (Q1). In the next April mailing we will share the Q2 price list with you.
We hope to have informed you sufficiently with this. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PS is your colleague not on the mailing list of this newsletter? Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll fix it.